https://d3bfc4j9p6ef23.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2018/12/07221812/shutterstock_341522738.jpg 1200 1800 Spectora https://d3bfc4j9p6ef23.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2018/12/06232421/striler.jpg Spectora2018-12-14 04:08:352018-12-17 18:50:22Why Have A Pre-Inspection?
Why Have A Pre-Inspection?
Eventually your buyers are going to conduct an inspection. You may as well know what they are going to find by getting there first. The author points out that having an inspection performed ahead of time helps in many other ways:
- It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a critical third-party. It helps you to price your home realistically.
- It permits you to make repairs ahead of time so that defects won’t become negotiating stumbling blocks later.
- There is no delay in obtaining the Use and Occupancy permit.
- You have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself, if qualified.
- It may encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
- It may alert you of items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestation.
- It may relieve prospect’s concerns and suspicions.
- It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
- Alerting you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home.
Copies of the inspection report along with receipts for any repairs could then be made available to potential buyers.