https://d3bfc4j9p6ef23.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2018/09/06230838/shutterstock_5195023001.jpg 949 1800 Spectora https://d3bfc4j9p6ef23.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2020/12/08203523/StrilerHI-Final-2020.png Spectora2018-12-14 04:04:442018-12-14 04:11:118 Tips for Sellers
8 Tips for Sellers
8 Tips For Sellers
Sellers can speed their home inspection by following these suggestions. The inspection will go smoother, with fewer concerns to delay closing.
- Confirm that water, electric and gas service are on, with gas pilot lights burning.
- Ensure pets won’t hinder the inspection. Ideally, they should be removed from premises or secured outside. Tell your agent about any pets at home.
- Replace burned out bulbs to avoid a “Light is inoperable” report that may suggest an electrical problem.
- Remove stored items, debris and wood from foundation. These may be cited as “conducive conditions” for termites.
- Remove items blocking access to HVAC equipment, electric service panels, water heaters, attics and crawl spaces.
- Unlock areas the inspector must access. Attic doors or hatches, electric service panels, closets, fence gates and crawl spaces.
- Trim tree limbs to 10′ from the roof and shrubs from the house to allow access.
- Attend to broken or missing items like doorknobs, locks and latches; windowpanes, screens and locks; gutters, downspouts and chimney caps.
Checking these areas before your home inspection is an investment in selling your property. Your real estate agent will thank you!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!